Thursday 24 July 2014

FUZZY PHOTOS


 

I've taken a fancy to fuzzy photos. So much so that I now try and trick my camera to shoot out of focus (I'm sure there's probably an app that does it for you but I'm not that technically savvy).

The wash and blur of these pics adds a soft melancholy to them, reminding me where I was in that moment and thinking fondly of those memories. 
Although the detail in each image isn't clear you get this warm and fuzzy feeling from the hints of features that you can make out - wispy cotton wool ball clouds, silos in the distance of wheat fields, arches of an aqua-duct and power lines stretching on the horizon. 
The colours also become the focus of each image, the eye blurs the vibrant landscape tones together and you can picture a scene in harsh daylight, early dawn or a setting afternoon sun.

Me thinks I will continue to take these bad photos and enjoy them, whether anyone else does is another question. 

No comments:

Post a Comment