Sunday 31 August 2014

WHAT ARE YOU MAKING?


I'm thinking the new title for this series should be nice people making nice things. All of the makers I know are just so nice, and they make such nice things. This week's making post is about one of the nicest ladies I know - Robyn Rayson. I don't think I've ever heard her say a bad word about anyone. She is always friendly, always smiling and always willing to offer helpful advice. Robyn has lent me  a bunch of quilting tools and pointed me in the right direction for me to make my own little jelly roll quilt. It's a project that I haven't gotten to yet but I know that when I do Robyn will be there to answer my many questions and calls for help!

Robyn sells her beautiful quilts and creations at market stalls and through her Facebook page which you can find here: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=646436518711750

Her work is stunning. Here she shares some gorgeous photos to give us an insight into the process of making one of her lovely table runners which celebrate the iconic Sturt Desert Pea.

In Robyn's words here's what she's making:
1. What are you making? I am making a Sturt’s Desert Pea table runner.
2. What is it about making that particular thing that you enjoy? I enjoy working with quality fabrics and completing an item that someone will buy and enjoy in their home.
3. How do you make that thing? See photos – accurate cutting and sewing.
4. What will you make next? Probably more runners and also some more of my Very Hungry Caterpillar baby quilts- watch this space.
5. What would you be doing if you weren't making that thing? Sewing a different item, doing housework maybe or keeping busy out in my garden.
If you I have any questions or comments for Robyn please post them here or on Facebook.

Happy making!
x J 


No comments:

Post a Comment