Tuesday 12 August 2014

PILBARA PONDERING: PARK EXPERIMENTS


I've just returned from the park with a big silly grin on my face. For two reasons; 1. The baby daddy is home early from a work function and 2. I've just conducted a funny park experiment (well I think it's pretty funny).

We (George and I) were carrying about our park business as per normal; George in the pram eating crackers and palm fronds and waiting for his turn on the swing, and me watching the beagle whose owner didn't bring a doggy doo bag to the park last time (grrrr / all good as long I don't step in anything sticky!)

Anyway, then it comes time to push George around on the lumpy grass with the cover over the pram to get him to have a nap. I am pushing and looking around. I spot a CCTV camera pointing down at the entry to the public toilets. It gets me thinking; does anyone actually look at that footage? Maybe only if something dodgy happens in the toilets? What if it is some poor chap's job to sit infront of a computer watching all of the footage from all of the CCTV cameras around Karratha? Maybe I should brighten this persons day and leave them a message.
I collect twigs and leaves while pushing the pram.
I see out the corner of my eye the two girls watching me from the swings 'what is that crazy lady doing?' I hear them think (I am a mind reader you know?)
I leave a message in twigs and leaves.
'Hello' I say.
George is asleep. We go to leave the park.
I catch the girls reading my message.
What should I write tomorrow? :)

x J

2 comments:

  1. What a fun and kind experiment! I'm curious to hear if anybody sends you a message back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inge. Nothing back yet. I've left another note asking 'How R U?'and I drew some flowers yesterday, we'll see if anything comes of them :)

      Delete