Friday 4 April 2014

PILBARA PONDERING: TICKLED PINK



What a delight it has been to watch this pink structure come together this week. 
Our neighbour across the laneway with the pretty pink roof.
George watches the workers from his highchair after breakfast while I do the dishes.
I told them on their tea break that I was loving the pink, they didn't seem quite as delighted with the colour selection.
This building has reminded me of my original fascination at the construction techniques here in Karratha as so many houses seem to just pop up or be plopped into place. The town has grown so much in the three years we have been here. I love the clean lines and geometric shapes contrasted with the open air, cloud puffs and red dirt. And how the buildings look like little characters with two eyes and a nose. I feel a blog post of some of my early Karratha photos coming on.. watch this space..

No comments:

Post a Comment