Friday 6 June 2014

WALKING AND TALKING


I'm not much of a talker. Not much of a sharer either. This blog has been a space for creativity and positive energy for me, but it's not all rainbows and dangly things all the time. I thought I might share a slice of reality after last week's Wednesday wobbles and slumpy grumpiness. I think I'm quite level headed and positive, so when things get me down I tend to be able to brush them off and move on. But every now and then I hold on to negative energy, keep everything bottled up and eventually break down in a heap when asked 'are you ok?'

That was my week last week. Part identity crisis, part self frustration, part feeling trapped by a dependent little person (the best little person in the world, but a dependent little person none the less.) 

Don't get me wrong, this whole mothering gig is the best thing to have ever happened to me. It makes me feel whole and I wouldn't change it for the world. However, this mothering gig is an adjustment; an adjustment to who I am; an adjustment to how I spend my time; an adjustment to how I associate with other people and an adjustment to life as I knew it.

I'm not dumb, I knew having a baby would turn our lives upside down, and I was prepared for that. 

As a mother I am busy, I am easily grumpy, I am frustrated, I am tired. As a mother I am besotted, I am a storyteller, I am singing, I am dancing, I am laughing. 

The bush, walking, talking and a good dose of reality pulled me out of my moody blues. Moody blues that I'm sure other people experience. 

Moving forward I will:
- talk more
- walk more
- sit in stillness and not fill every second of spare time
- value every minute of me time, husband time, baby time and family time
- stay positive and appreciate all that I have

In the search for solutions to my moody blues I was comforted by others trying to find time, and I was enlightened with positive ways to move forward.

I will now choose which path I will walk down - left or right? Grumpy or grateful? 

The answer is as clear as that blue sky.

Happy Monday my friends.
Comments and thoughts on how you beat the moody blues much appreciated if you feel so inclined to share.

x jen 

P.S how cool is our new stomping ground? The green bush turns to white salt and brown sludge of the mud flats (slippery brown sludge that I nearly fell on my butt with the baby!) Love those tyre tracks in the crusty salt and the cracked earth.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jen. Life is always changing and dealing with change is an important part of life. You should add "Keep writing" to that list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Rob, thanks - thanks for this beautiful comment, thanks for being my big brother, thanks for making me an Auntie, thanks for many things. Just thanks x

      Delete