Monday 27 October 2014

WHAT ARE YOU MAKING?


Jess started crocheting a couple of months ago and voila! She is killing it!
She has sold her first item and is bound to be taking orders in no time!

I haven't quite got the hang of crochet, preferring the less concentration intensive  knit knit knitting myself. But I love the shapes and patterns you can make with crochet. Whenever I watch someone do it they make it look so easy, Jess is one of those people. (Grrr...) :) 

She has a much obliged little model in my nephew Harry, although he is not so sure about wearing the little girly hats. Mum will make you a bright blue one someday soon Harry I'm sure - just in time for summer! ;)

In Jess's words here's what she's making:
1. What are you making?
Hats and headbands and flowers for little people.

2. What is it that you enjoy about making that thing?
It's quiet, therapeutic, calming and helps to get my thinking done before bedtime.

3. How do you make it?
With yarn/wool, a crochet hook and YouTube!

4. What will you make next? 
A little hat for the newest baby in my life.

5. What would you be doing if you weren't making that thing? 
Housework, feeding the baby, playing with the baby, cooking dinner etc!

I totally agree with Jess's points about the meditative and relaxing nature of making things, it's good for the mind and the soul.
Happy making my friends!
x J 

No comments:

Post a Comment