Sunday 2 November 2014

WHAT ARE YOU MAKING?


My Aunty Jojo is making some lovely things for my cousin Claire's upcoming wedding this month.

Jomade is the name of her label of handmade items - such a good name! I love it. 

I remember making some little silk flower brooches in my Granny Jenny's hospital room when we visited to pretty much say goodbye. It was one of the saddest and hardest times of my life so far. I'll always remember Granny noticing that I loved to keep busy with my hands, and that my making little things near her made her feel at ease. Lots of things go through my head when I'm making something; fond memories of her will always be one of those things.

It seems the crazy crafty gene runs wild in my family! I love that.

In Jo's words here's what she's making. 
1. What are you making?
I am making corsage/ buttonholes using seashells for my daughter Claire's beach wedding. I'm also making a bit of bunting for the walk down to the beach as decorations for the wedding at Bunker Bay.

2. What is it that you enjoy about making that thing? 
I enjoy the challenge, making something unique and special for her special day.

3. How do you make it?
have made them by taking bits and pieces I have around and trial and error glueing and rearranging the shells,  coloured bits of felt, ribbon, string and feathers.

4. What will you make next?
I'll try a different combination with silk leaves and other shells.

5. What would you be doing if you weren't making that thing? 
Perhaps I would be making paper poms or something decorative that she might like too, or signs, jewellery for the day.


Did you make anything for your wedding? I had my bridesmaids all stamping guest names on their place cards the night before the wedding. Such good little maids! There's something about weddings that drives us to make pretty things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment