Sunday 23 November 2014

WHAT ARE YOU MAKING?


Well what can I say about this lovely lady? She doesn't do things by halves! 
Jess Ringrose is a self confessed control freak when it comes to her creative endeavours. And what beautiful things she creates as a result of that obsessive behaviour! :)
Like many of the girls in my mothers group, Jess is a huge source of inspiration for me. She's one of those people that has an idea and then just gets on and does it! Not without great and trepidation and self doubt I'm sure, but when she does it she does a darn good job! 
Jess has started her own small business selling the gorgeous head wraps and baby bloomers that she started making for her beautiful daughter India. 
Here the pair of blondies are at India's first birthday party (with cake, cake topper, golden banners and paper tassels made by Jess). 

And here is just a snapshot of the stunning creations Jess makes and sells through her Salt and Pebble Instagram page, check it out! 


And I mean this child, isn't she just divine!?

Anyway back to the making post! In Jess's words, here's what she's making:

1. What are you making? 
Well I'm currently making a banner for the sweets table at our wedding.

2. What is it that you enjoy about making that thing?
I like making things for our wedding as it's a precious occasion and I feel like it makes the day even more special and personal when I've created something for it myself. 

3. How do you make it?
I am making it from burlap and creating stencil lettering which I paint on the burlap so the banner reads "sweet love" and I will trim the top of the banner in lace :) because how good is burlap and lace!!

4. What will you make next?
Hmm after that I think I will paint some more jars to use as tea lights to hang from the trees at our venue. And India needs some longer pants!! ;)

5. What would you be doing if you weren't making that thing?
Well, if I wasn't making something I'd likely be online shopping (browsing, obsessing, getting inspiration). At the moment I am really getting into children's interior design and I love perusing over some fantastic people I've come across on Instagram (then hunting for more things for India's room! Don't tell Scotty!) 
:) xx

Scotty is Jess's soon to be husband! They are going to have such a beautiful wedding. I can't wait to see photos. 

Happy making my friends!
x J 

No comments:

Post a Comment